Monday, April 19, 2010

Back to motherhood.

Tax season ended on a great note, I finished everything I was assigned and even finished a day early, so I was home before lunch time!
I really had a good time this year, my boss did a lot to help me prepare for the CPA exam, now I just need to do my part :)
This week also marked the one week anniversary of my husband's return and to celebrate my mom took Alisabeth over night and we went and stayed in a huge resort:

I took these two shots because the building in the distance beyond the parking lot is one of the buildings where rooms are. The main complex had ballrooms and restaurants and things like that, but there were about 8 - 2 story buildings that had the actual hotel rooms in them, and beyond that were the pools. They also had about 16 tennis courts and several buildings which made up the health and fitness area. We got lost several times, but I made sure to carry the map with me at all times, so we always found our way back.
I was so excited about this adventure because Jason had absolutely no idea what was going on. I made the reservations here because they had on-site racquetball courts. So we drove up here at check-in time, went and played for about 45 minutes (until we were both too sore to continue) (and both of my knees were turning purple :) ) and then we went back and got ready for dinner. Jason assumed we were staying at the hotel for eating. I hurried him along to the car and then we drove to the foothills mall. At this point I was stuck, I needed to get the martinellis over to the restaurant without him knowing. So I told him to go check the movie times:
"Go find out when the movie starts."
"Which movie"
I didn't even know what was playing. . . "You'll know it when you see it."
"Okay"
and off he runs. He calls me about 5 minutes later, as I was just walking back from the restaurant and says.
"It was how to train your dragon wasn't it?"
"Uh, yeah."
Then he tells me the times. I met up with him at this point and frown. "Hmm, none of those are quite right, we'll just come back later and decide then."
And I casually lead him around buying a few items from bed bath and beyond. Finally he mentions that he's a bit hungry. I ask him if he has any idea what he wants to eat and then casually lead him down the right direction.


Yep, we went to the melting pot. The punk couldn't eat his share so I was forced to eat twice as much chocolate at the end as I should have, it was a sin!
When we got home from our adventure on Saturday afternoon we immediately collected our little girl and went and spent the rest of the day at the Pima County Fair. It was a lot of fun.
It was sort of a test-run for San Diego. They have an amusement park, but I wasn't sure if it was going to be worth the entrance fee (if Alisabeth would enjoy it). Well, now we know. The only thing we're going to have to worry about will be saying "It's time to go."












She had a blast. We went on several rides, which Jason and I both laughed at because as children our families never spent the money for the tickets. We also saw all of the exhibits that existed. Jason even found an extensive section of old style engines that he drooled over for a while. He took lots of pictures too . . . but I'll spare you.
Actually it was quite interesting. They had an original washing machine, it was absolutely huge, it had to be an industrial model because I can't see how anyone could fit it in their house!
They also had some wood burning engines and a model of car for every year up to the 1950's or so. It was nice, but Alisabeth and I weren't interested enough so we left him behind and went to watch the seals.
The only disappointment was that we couldn't find the petting zoo. They have one every year, but for some reason we couldn't find it. We did find a lot of exhibits on solar water heaters and Jason found a company that will hook up the air conditioner to solar power, so we took a lot of business cards home.
All in all it was a great success.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a lot of fun! I'm so jealous. Jason and I haven't stayed at a resort since our honeymoon! I'm thinking we're going to for our next anniversary. It's always fun to have a little getaway! By the way, we didn't get to see the monkeys. We missed the showing by an hour:(

    ReplyDelete