Sunday, March 29, 2009

Is tax season really almost over?

Everyone else I know is measuring their blogs by how many weeks they have left of school. Luckily, that's not my problem right now. :)
As I stare out the front window today, watching the world disappear into another thin blanket of white I can't help but wonder, if places like Rexburg are only around to balance out places like Hawaii. Seriously, I bet God didn't really intend people to live here, I think he just figured if he wanted warm, beautiful and enjoyable places for His children to live in, he'd probably have to balance it with something the opposite. Then us humans couldn't help but push into every crack and crevice.
This week has been a good one, the weather goes back and forth trying to decide if it really wants to start the cycle of life over again. We have snow every other day almost and then beautiful sunshine that wipes away any trace of the whiteness. It's kind of odd, but actually rather cool. Right now I can't see the field that is 50 feet away from me. The snow is coming so hard that it appears to be coming in sideways, and the windows of the cars are whited over, even though the rest of the car isn't. Winter is a funny thing.

Jason is preparing himself for finals and projects. He finished all of the assignments in his welding class and has started his finaly project which is to make car ramps so that he can more easily work on his cars (don't tell him, but whether or not he finishes them, I think I'll buy him some from craftsman ones. . . it was just a beginner class after all, and I do want more babies, I can't take any chances).

I'm beginning to wind-down tax season. It's kind of odd. We had more help this year, even though we weren't completely overwhelmed last year, it seems to be kind of a let-down as far as the stress goes. I am used to 5 years of grueling days, especially these last two weeks, but seriously, my stack has gone down instead of up in the last two weeks. I went from maybe 35-40 returns waiting for attention to a mear 15. It's going to be interesting to see if they have enough work to keep me on all the way until April 15th.

Alisabeth has been doing amazingly, as always. She's learned what a ball is, and just like with a kitty or a puppy, she can point it out in a picture. . . of course, almost anything round is now considered a "ball" including the apple she chucked across the room the other day, but we're working on that part.

My Twilight series should be arriving on Monday and I'm really excited. I have been waiting oh so patiently for them. . . :)

I think that's about it. We're pretty easy. The parking lot just disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment