Monday, March 16, 2009

Sickos.

Well, this week has been a good one. however, we're all sick today, so we have to stay home from church and quarentine ourselves for a few days. To pass the time we do the following:
1-Jason attaches his remote control bat to the light fixture and he flies it in circles to Alisa's delights.
2-I try to show Alisabeth how to wrap up her baby dolls and rock them. She took it for a second and then violently shook it until the baby came out of the blanket. Maybe she remembers that she hated being wrapped up. . .
We had video of both of these things, but blogspot won't let us load either one. . . maybe next week.

Alisabeth has made many strides this week. Yesterday we stood at the picture of Jason and I on our wedding day standing in front of the statue of Jesus at the temple. I pointed as I usually do to Jason and said "daddy." Alisabeth immediately and very very clearly repeated the word and pointed too. Then we pointed to Jason and repeated "daddy!" she looked confused for a second and then pointed and repeated the word. We tried again with mommy, again at the picture her word was completely clear and well pronounced. However pointing to me and everything thereafter wasn't as exciting for her, but we pointed at pictured for probably another five minutes showing her every detail from "bush" to "Jesus." She repeated "Jesus" very clearly as well and pointed to him. It was a very cool moment. It's odd to think that I popped this little human out of my less than a year and a half ago!

Jason had a decent week at school, he was supposed to do interviews for his glorified English class, but after two days of dressing up for the occasion he still hasn't been chosen, we'll have to see what Tuesday brings.

I have been working a lot this week, and actually was very proud of myself. For the first time I wasn't just handed the numbers to input, I had to do all the corrections and figure everything out to get the numbers to be what they should be and where they should be. It was rather a stretch for me. I'm not the best at debits and credits, so I had to sit and think about every entry. I only messed up one of them, and it was easy to correct. The only problem we weren't able to figure out was that one of the owners created two receivables for the same money. In other words, she borrowed $36,000 from the company by writing a check to herself, so the check recorded normally, but then she realized she needed to have a receivable, because it was really a loan that would get paid back, so she then created a receivable with a starting balance of $36,000. So according to their books there were two sets of the 36K taken out of the company. . . I don't know how to fix that one without a lot of effort. . .

Other than that it was an easy week. I think I mentioned that we purchased a 7 cube freezer which now takes up most of our kitchen, this week we're going to be purchasing a bulk meat order with another couple which we can split and use to fill it up :)
I love refund time.

No comments:

Post a Comment