Wednesday, April 8, 2009

This week, finally.

So I finished the last tax return that was piled up on my desk today. It was an odd feeling. I looked around, my desk was empty. I moved the stapler, phone and hole punch back to their original place against the wall at the back of the desk then looked around as if something may have appeared. Nope, nothing. There's still a week until the 15th, what the heck people, you're supposed to be keeping me employed!!

I ended up working on extensions for the rest of the day. For the remaining time until the season is over that will be my new job, as well as answering phones, running errands and being the puppet of the 3 secretaries, because right now is the time the stuff hits the fan for them. They have the hard work of getting everything organized, signed shipped, faxed, mailed, filed and otherwise taken care of after the partners get through with them. If you ever wondered why we would have something like a "Secretary's Day" just try to imagine doing all of that yourself while still trying to get your normal work done. I am so thankful for the secretaries around the world!! Go you!

On another note, Jason has ONE day left. By this time tomorrow he will be done with his last two finals and watching the presentations in his auto class. Yeah!! Another semester under the belt! I'm so proud of all that he's done this semester.

Here are some of the highlights:


The car ramp was his final project which he completed in enough time to make the baby crib for Alisabeth. Isn't he sweet!

We were also able to attend our respective mission reunions. Pictured here is Jason's first president in New Zealand, and me with President Lewis behind me trying to tell Alisabeth not to crawl on the table.


Alisabeth has also had quite a semester. She's amazing and learns so quickly. Just today Jason was saying that she was too quiet and when he looked up she was looking at him and pulling all of the wipes out of the contained one by one, as soon as she saw him start to get up she stuck out a hand and said "no, no, no!"

Evidently she's not quite big enough to sink in snow yet. After walking around for a few minutes she started getting a little taller. Finally Jason realized why.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of my office. I'll try to get a few shots for next week. It's beautiful here in Rexburg, two days in a row without snow. Watch out, it might be spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment