Sunday, March 28, 2010

The little things

Inspired by my good friend Nikki Weekes I would like to post a few of the little things.

My daughter woke up this morning and stretched one of her big stretches, then she turn to me (she was sleeping in my bed this morning) and with a giant smile said "The Sun is awake!"
Then she followed that outburst with "Hugs? Hugs?" and reached for me.

This is 2 things I am grateful for. The sun shining in my window reminds me that I have a bright future and a day of possibilities and potential.
A little girl with optimism and a cheerful countenance shows me that the future is in wonderful hands. This is a beautiful world we have to live on.

Other little things: My husband last night made a comment while we were typing across 1100 miles. At first, in my defensive and frustrated state of mind (Alisabeth had a hard night) I thought he was chastising me for something I had written. Instead he was consoling and showing that he understood my pain and was right there beside me.

My mom has graciously changed her life around to make our lives easier, taking time out of her work schedule so that we don't have to pay a baby-sitter so much, giving up her Saturdays and Friday nights so that I can work, and always asking to make sure that she isn't stepping on my toes as a mother, while still being willing to step in when it gets to be too much for me.

My mother-in-law who hear a badly worded plea and made time so that I could see how much she loved me. She cleared her whole busy schedule just so we could spend time at her house and enjoy each other.

My boss, who was willing to buy us all steak for lunch, even though we found out that the restaurant wasn't open that early. He is also constantly showering us with praise for our good work and encouraging words to get us to improve. He daily tries to show me the deeper parts of accounting which will help me succeed at a test that I am terrified to face.

My step-mother who, despite the hardships that she is facing in her own life and with her own blood relatives, always treats me like one of the family and has ALWAYS gone out of her way to make sure I was included.

An amazing cousin who constantly shows me she cares about our lives and wants to have a relationship even though we won't have the opportunity to meet face to face for a few years yet.

I am surrounded by astoundingly amazing people who have made my life a joy. There are so many little things that they do and each one makes me feel special and unique. So this post is dedicated to them and to the many others that I didn't mention, but who have been constant and firm in their friendship and love, Autumn, Crystal. . . I mean you too.

2 comments:

  1. This is Dan. I was out home teaching with Jason tonight as a fill-in and I just want you guys to know that you're amazing too. We sure are going to miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd better keep in contact. I want to see that baby!

    ReplyDelete