Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Birthday week

So last week a few days before my birthday I must have been having a bad day. People kept congratulating me on my upcoming day and they were obviously more excited about it than I was. I was not looking forward to my mother's plans, and my husband kept asking me if I'd gotten his card yet which annoyed me. All of this led up to the actual day. I still can't figure out why I was in such a mood, but when the actual morning hit I was a different woman :)
It started out with Alisabeth sleeping until 9am. After we got up we made breakfast and relaxed most of the morning. My mom took Alisabeth for most of that time and allowed me to enjoy a nice relaxing shower and smell my bouquet of three colors of my favorite flower from my husband (purchased and put in a vase by my mother still in the cellophane wrapping)
At about two thirty I suddenly realized what time it was and tried to get Alisabeth into bed. As I came out from putting her down my mother had left to pick up the baby sitter and her friend Susan had arrived with her daughter Bella.
Needless to say Alisabeth's sixth sense kicked in and she was having none of that boring nap stuff, but that wasn't my problem today so I just told the baby sitter that if she wanted to try to get her down after Bella left she was welcome to it.
We went to the pedicure place and spent an hour there laughing and talking. After this we rushed across town and were 15 minutes late to being able to see Alice in Wonderland so we bought tickets for the next showing (sadly not in 3D) and called the restaurant to change our reservation to 7.
Then we went shopping and my mom treated me to some new. . . I'll edit here for our male viewers.
Alice in Wonderland turned out to be a lot better than I had anticipated. Tim Burton is sometimes a lot bit wierd to me, so I was nervous, but it turned out to be very well done. After we got home the babysitter mentioned that she had seen it in 3D and hadn't been very impressed, so it was just as well that we didn't.
Then we went to a new restaurant for me. Aparently everyone knows it but me, it's called The MeltingPot.
It is a fondue restaurant, and my first glance at the menu pricing told me I would never be coming back, but after going through the whole experience I am well pleased :)
Our first course was a spinach and artichoke cheese dip. Oh MAN was it good. For those who have tasted this dip you know that sometimes it goes right and other times you don't want to be within a mile of it, but this one was SPOT ON!
We had barely scraped the fondue pot clean when that was whisked away and replaced with an amazing salad. I at the whole thing and would have been delighted for another bowl.
The third course could have been a little better as far as the fondue sauce we chose, I'll definitely try a different one next time, but the meats were well spiced and the side sauces (especially my favorite flavor of teriyaki) were perfect.
After we had finally devoured everything we could hold (did I mention that you can refil the plates on anything you want. We didn't use this option, and I don't see how many people could, but I thought it was a nice feature), our table was again cleared.
When she came back this time she was carrying a plate of all sorts of desert delights. One included a small birthday candle for me to blow out :)
There were 12 types of chocolate to choose from for the final course. We chose the turtle dip. Chocolate, caramel and nuts. The items to dip into it :Strawberries, cheese cake, rice krispie treats, chocolate and regular marshmellows, fudge brownie chunks, bananas, apples, and I think there was something else but I can't remember. It was beyond good.
Then we went home where my daughter was delighted to see me (again, a miracle).

All in all it was a wonderful week. (Did I mention that we got our income tax refund?)

Work is going great for me. I love that my boss is making me do research, not only has this improved my skills in that area, but I am learned an incredible amount of information. We are keeping up with him quite well considering we both only work 3 days a week. (We being his middle son who works for him and myself, him being our boss.)
Alisabeth is doing well too. We missed the tumbling class this week because for some reason I thought it was at 10:15 and when I double checked at 9:00 I found out it was at 9:15 and we were both still in pajamas.
We did, however, go the playground this week and met a few other mothers. Strangely every time I go there is at least one two year old who's birthday is in October, it's kind of creepy, but I just go with it :)
The other exciting thing is that I should be done cleaning all of my mother's fans this week, they were black and now they're white and it's such a pretty sight.

Today has been raining beautifully. I'm quite glad, but it's made the roads quite soggy, especially where I have to go off-roading to see my dad. :) We went today and I got pulled to the left or right quite a bit on the road outside his house. I enjoy it, because I love to feel the power of 4-wheel drive kick in, but at the same time I'm always nervous that we're going to get stuck :p

Jason is doing well too, now, in his last semester, he's finally figured out that studying will improve his quiz scores. :) Love you honey.
He's also being well cared for by everyone back there so that brings me a lot of peace (I know he's not going to waste away from mal-nourishment). thanks for that everyone in Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment