Saturday, January 16, 2010

Coo!!

We were going to go to the temple today, but the wait to do anything was over an hour, and I had time constraints (a surprise birthday party for Jason), so we decided to postpone.
Instead we came home and used the time we would have been there to do family history at home. . . I got addicted again.

The church put together a new on-line database. Anyone can use it, and I haven't yet because I've been lazy (I hate trying to learn new technology).
Anyway I finally gave in and went on and started playing around with it. At first I was way frustrated because it was missing a lot of information that I already had found. Then I tried uploading my information and got all kinds of errors (I was trying to give it too much information)
Anyway after about 30 minutes everything came together and suddenly I was surrounded by information! I was immediately able to find some things that I hadn't come across yet, and the best discovery yet?
I found the birth parents of my great-grandmother on my father's side. I had her adopted parents and all of the information related to them and their children, but I had continually been frustrated when I tried to find out where she had come from. Luckily for me, someone else in her family had been keeping track and I found her real parents and was able to make the biological link I had been looking for for years! I love technology!

Family history is so cool. I love to learn who I came from. I really wish I had more stories about my family. (Hint, hint, hint!)

If anyone wants to send a few good memories of those who have departed, or wants to tell me about those who are still here I would LOVE to hear about it!
Anyway, on to the surprise party. :)

2 comments:

  1. so you have 3 great-grandparents that were orphaned?!?!? holy crapola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, and my father's father was also adopted . . . at least she wasn't married to the guy when she had him. I have no way of knowing if her husband is also the father, but on one of the census records he listed himself as the adopted father . . .

    ReplyDelete