Sunday, January 18, 2009

Week 3 and counting. . .

I can't believe we're in 2009 and everyone is acting like it's just another day at the office. . .
Okay so I do it too, just one more day in the grind, but this year is going to be amazing. I'm gradutating. . . granted it's not until December but still. . .



We had a wonderful week full of surprise and fun. Alisabeth learned a few new tricks and Jason learned a few new pieces of irrelevant data. (Like the fire from a piston firing travels at 40-90 miles per hour. And if there are problems it could be as fast as 10 times the speed of sound. . . . . . . . . . . .)



We'll start with Alisabeth shall we:
She learned the joys of having parents around.

We can give her slow rides around the house. . .


Or hold her while she cooks dinner. . .

Jason had a good time. In his welding class they practise straight lines. . . he got it closer than some of the students. He was also able to spend $140 something on all the gear for his class. Everything from a sparker to a specialized jacket. Ah the joys of school. He is really enjoying the glorified english class known as Business Communications. The teacher is really a stickler and so far he's failed all of the little "Where does the comma go" type tests, but the teacher is good at explaining and i guess she's interesting. I hated that class.
We've also been really blessed these last few weeks. Jason posted a note on the local internet bulletin board that he would be willing to fix minor car problems and he's had like 4 calls this week alone. All very needed since we spent a little too much on unnecessary things during Christmas. He's even had a few repeat customers. . .

As for me. Well, last week wasn't anything huge, but I got a new calling. We got a call from the Bishopric on Tuesday that they wanted to see us Wednesday in their offices. On Wednesday they released us as nursery workers and called me to be the 1st counselor in the Relief Society. For those readers who are not "Mormon," the Relief Society is the women's organization in the church. Each group has their own local presidency. So basically I am the first assistant to the President. I am called the Education Counselor and will be dealing with making sure lessons get taught and the schedule is set. I am excited and nervous. There are over 70 women in our group at various stages of early marriage and I just hope I can be a good assistant to the new president. It's going to be fun.

That's about it. I start work on Monday and am really really excited for that. I probably won't bore you with all the details of completing trust tax returns which is probably what I'll be doing this year.

Anyway, see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment