Saturday, January 31, 2009

How I love to have my husband home!

So here's an apology for all of those who actually read this weekly :) I started reading a series called "Twilight" if you haven't read it, and you enjoy science fiction/fantasy, this is one for you. I couldn't stop reading and everything in my life came to a halt. Thank heaven's my husband and child are perfect because they both gave me time to read (naps, and nights). Anyway, I finished them yesterday, so everything is perfect now. The 4 books were really good.

Okay, back to last week:

I have to admit that before Jason left I was really excited about the prospect of sleeping through entire nights, of cleaning up Alisa's toys and not tripping over them five minutes later, and of being able to work as late as I wanted without the guilt of knowing that Jason was home alone.

And all of those things were dead on . . . until Sunday, two days before he was supposed to come home. After that day and the next I could concentrate on nothing else. I just wanted him home. I jubilantly left work at 12:10pm and drove without a care down the snowy streets to the airport. It's really close to work so I wasn't worried about time (since he was supposed to land at 12:08).

He didn't end up getting off of the plane until 12:35. Luckily for him I had just been to the library and had checked out book number one in the hatefully addictive Twilight series. Thus I was completely content to sit and read for as long as it took to get him there.

It was a blast having them home. Alisabeth was super excited to see me, and Jason was too . . . needless to say. Here are some of the trip highlights.

He nearly filled the 2G memory card in the camera :)

Here's the slideshow!


Alisabeth took a trip to the zoo in Tucson. . . finally.
Notice, she's trying to feed the animals some leaves she found. She spent quite a while doing this according to Jason.
Here were her favorites, she loved watching the otters swim and play.
They also visited the Desert Museum as a family. This is Nancy and Samuel. They are Jason's brother Bryan's wife and their oldest son.
My daughter the fearless.
Can you tell she wants one of these for Christmas?
She loved everything.
All of the cousins seemed to enjoy their time together.
This is Bryan with their daughter Melanie. Aren't they both so cute! This was the first time that their family was able to come to the US because of Visas, so not only did they survive the long trip, but they had lots of fun while in Tucson.
These last two are for Jason's dad. Jason has been welding in his class and wanted to show his dad some of his very first attempts. These are simply melting metal to metal without adding anything between them. I think their pretty good for first time tries.

No comments:

Post a Comment