Saturday, July 24, 2010

What a fun trip! (continued)

To pick up where I left off:
Tuesday: Sea World
This was for Alisabeth and she had a blast:


Excuse the coloring, I think little hands may have gotten a hold of the camera and changed the color settings. It took me a second to notice.



I know, I know, we spoil her, but seriously it was way too cute to pass up. She spent the next 2 days touching her face gently and saying "I'm a kitty"

I love the fact that Sea World had a huge area for kids. Everything from water to sesame street shows and rides. She loved it.

And of course they had animals. I love these little guys!

Wednesday was our sailing excursion. Women only. . . and Fred the hired captain. It was very relaxing and fun.
Thursday was massages and then Jason went to the automotive and air and space museums at Balboa Park. I won't include his pictures, but please note that I am grateful for digital cameras. There are more pictures from the museums than from any other part of the trip.
Friday we went and took Alisabeth to the San Diego temple and walked around and looked at everything. It was nice. We were supposed to leave her home and go do a session with my mom, but when I got up I hadn't slept well and I felt poopy, so we decided to cancel that and just relax. It worked out well though. Then that night my mom had both of the kids, ours and Spencer, my cousin's 5 year old son. So Jason and I watched The Shirley Temple version of "The Little Princess." It is such a good movie!!

Then we got down to business. Everything was packed and ready by 10:30 pm and we left the house at 3 am the next morning headed home.
All in all it was definitely worth the wait and the money spent.
I forgot the mention the starter. . . We drove all the way there, pulled in the alley-way by the house, parked in someone else's spot while we figured out where we were supposed to park and then got in to restart the engine and . . . nothing.
Turned out our starter decided to poop out. . .
Jason was willing to fix it, but he didn't have tools and we already had plans so we found a mechanic near our rental, dropped it off to him and rented a Kia Soul for a few days while it was getting fixed. It all worked out well, but it was an ominous start to the vacation. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment