Monday, October 5, 2009

Winter cometh. . .

I woke up this morning at 6 so that I could go baby-sit for a friend of mine (the wife was out of town for the weekend and the husband had class this morning). I happily open the door to go and set up Alisabeth's stroller before I wake her up and there's an inch of snow on the ground. . . Ewww!!
Granted I was expecting it sometime soon because it's been strangely cold the last few days, but still. . . it's one thing to know doom is coming and another to see it before your face.

So new things this week? Alisabeth can parrot quite a bit. In fact she's gotten good enough to parrot a prayer over lunch and dinner. It's really neat. We say "Dear" and she says "Heavenly Father" and then repeats the prayer, but when we get to "Jesus Christ" she doesn't say Christ she says Amen. . .we're still working on that part.

Jason got ahead on homework and has been working on the same project all week. I guess no matter what they've tried the water pump is still leaking. (It might not be a water pump) They've replaced all of the seals a couple of times and tried everything he can think of and the problem persists so today the teacher said he was going to work with him to try something different. I hope it works out. . .

As for me, I worked on Halloween costumes all week. Alisabeth's is mostly put together. I still need to figure out the hair part, but everything else is done. It looks pretty cute.
Jason's cloak is done except for the detail work. I have to put edging on and the hood. It looks pretty good. After that I'll need to fit it to his height and then deal with the bottom detailing.
I also finished the inner part of my dress. I just need the elastic for the empire waist. It looks pretty good. I need to get the right material for the top part now.

That's our excitement. We watched General Conference this weekend which is where the prophet and other leaders of our church get up and share messages and important ideas. It happens every six months and gives me a good idea of what I need to work on for the next half of a year. As I listen I feel that little nagging voice telling me how the messages apply to me. It's such a cool experience every six months! This year the focus of all the speakers seemed to be around service, love and not only finding out the Will of God, but also doing it. I appreciated that.

No comments:

Post a Comment