Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloween beginneth


This is birthday fun. She just finished her cupcake. It was a pretty informal party this year. I didn't send out invitations I just invited by word of mouth. It was unfortunate that one of her best friends was sick so she wasn't able to come, but we went over later and brought cupcakes and wished her well.

These next shots are the queen of the spiders. Check out the spider tats and the ones crawling in her hair. I tried to get the hair to stand up on end but she moved too much. It wouldn't have mattered anyway. Once we got in the car she smoshed her head all around and would have destroyed it anyway.


And finally a look at the final versions of all three of us.
Yes my ears really are pointy. I loved that part. They looked great.

You may be wondering why I post this a week before the real halloween. . . we went to a party. By next week I hope to have a few more minor details. I'm going to try to use all of the scraps from J's and my costumes to put together a cloak for me. Alisabeth needs more arms and we definitely need to improve it enough so that she can go outside for several hours after dark (about 30-40 degree weather).
Other than that they're pretty well done. I'm going to shorten the overtunic on mine a bit and add another hook and eye to Jason's cloak because he wants it to close more.

After Halloween is over I'm going to work on my next project. I'm going to make Alisabeth's Christmas gift. She loves the neighbor's oversized beanbag chair, so I'm going to make her a smaller Bitsy version. I'm trying for "large enough to last till she's ten, small enough to fit in her room comfortably with everything else." We'll see how it goes. So far I haven't been able to find a solid pattern and the stuffing beads are impossible to find out here in the boon-docks, but I have found them online. Any suggestions, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. If you go to Fred Meyer in Idaho Falls they have bags of beans just for bean bag chairs that you can buy fairly cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was tld that, but I couldn't find them we went.

    ReplyDelete