Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Repentant

I have heard from several of you that I am in big trouble for not writing for the last two weeks so I have come to atone. :)
Let me explain.
Three weeks ago my imagination began running full tilt and I wasn't able to shut it down. This wasn't very good because sleep and life was effected negatively. Finally I decided that if I wrote it down I would probably be able to get it out of my head. So I began writing my story.
For those of you who don't know I used to be a fiction writer when I was younger, but I never finished a story because I would usually run out of the main "adventure" and then I never got excited about writing an ending.
So I began writing two weeks ago and couldn't help myself. I just had to keep going. I would spend until about 2 am writing and then sleep 5 hours before school the next day (or before Alisa would wake me up). The difference? This story was complete in my head. There was an adventure and there was also an ending. It was an odd feeling. I couldn't stop going back to it!
So Sunday morning at 2 am I finished my first novel.
Just for fun I looked up the normal length of a novel. They can be anywhere from 50 to 80 thousand words. Mine is 74,500.
It's still pretty rough around the edges and not really ready to publish, but I sent a copy to my mom and she seemed to enjoy it so I thought I'd like to post it here so any of you devoted followers could also enjoy the reason I disappeared for a few weeks, but alas, blogspot doesn't have the ability to link to a local file and I'm just not smart enough to figure out how to get it to publish to a webpage right so that a URL link will work.
If any of you know how please let me know :)
So, this is my repentant email. I have two weeks worth of photos for you and a couple of fun stories and I'll put those out in a few more minutes.
Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. I guess that is ok then. . . but I think we should all get a cut of the proceeds. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to think about that. Splitting $2 10 ways might not be worth the postage to send it to you. :)

    ReplyDelete