Sunday, May 31, 2009

D&D

Since 8th grade I have tried to convince people to teach me how to play Dungeons and Dragons. It's a really old roleplaying game. I think I mentioned it a few posts back. Anyway, we started playing with out neighbors downstairs and it's such a fun game!!!
We've been over to their house maybe 3 times in the last week and a half. (More than the total number of times in the last three years). Tonight we went over and had barbeque with them. Oh it was nice. They did ribs, chicken and steak. We brought a measly salad and helped make the potatoes. I think we got the better end of this deal.
We also went to our first FA 100 event this week.
FA 100 was a required class all the way until last year. New students don't have to take it. Basically it requires students to attend concerts and events around campus for zero credits. There are 7 different categories of events and each student must attend at least one of them. You scan in using your student ID card and you scan out after the event is over. If you show up late or leave early it won't count.
We went to the symphonic orchestra and choir concert. It was very cool. My heart began to ache as they started warming up and by the end of the concert I was dying to add stress to my life next semester by signing up for the band. I miss it so much. Just watching the intensity of the player's faces and the rhythm and difficulty of the music. I wanted to jump on stage and join in.
The choir was just as powerful. The room had some amazing acoustics and I almost died as the last chords reverberated around the room in perfect harmony. It was way cool. Suddenly I'm not dreading the class as much :)
That's pretty much the extent of my excitement for this week.
Jason: It was an awesome week, We went out to the Teton Dam and had shish ka babs there. It was a lot of fun first we setup and Alisabeth enjoyed throwing rocks into the river until she took one too many steps and into the water she went. It was very peaceful and nice to be there with My love and my daughter.
My physics class is a lot of fun, I came so close to finishing the car I am working on, turned out the timing was way off, one mark was at say 3:00 and the other mark at 11:00. So Saturday morning I was working on it and a little piece popped off so I decided to take a break. :( Heavenly Father has been really helping out with us so much, He has made it possible for both Theresa and I to graduate on time. He has blessed Theresa and I with a greater unity this week and our love has deifnetly grown.
Alisabeth is growing so fast and learning new words all the time, her favorite still is "BALL",
This last week has been great!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say I'm thinking of the Flannery's...oh and I loved D&D as a kid. I wanted to be a 50th level fighter/mage when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete