Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I love you

She finally said it. The other night we were sitting on the couch watching "aliens" and she turned and gave me a kiss for no reason and then she turned again and said "iwuvu mommy"
I almost died. I love my little girl.
"Can you tell Daddy too?"
"Iwuvu daddy"

Oh man, it is so true. It is the terrible twos. If they're not ripping your hair out, or throwing a tantrum for no apparent reason or hitting the neighbor's kids just because you gasped when she did it the first time, they're giving you giant hugs, kisses and telling you they love you. She also asks me if she can help, or pulls my hand so I'll come and play with her. It is truly a divine time in her life. I love the joy as much as I hate the frustration.
Oh moms everywhere, how great thou art!

No comments:

Post a Comment